Job Posting: Foreman
We’re looking for a self-directed, energetic leader to join our team as a Foreman.
In your role as a Foreman, you will lead and organize your crew with maximum efficiency. You will ensure a culture focused on safety followed by providing a positive environment of communication, teamwork, productivity, efficiency and enjoyment.
This is a full time permanent, unionized position. We offer a full, competitive compensation package including a company vehicle.
- Ensure a strong safety culture on site while leading by example and showing respect.
- Motivate and organize your crew to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Lead safety talks and crew huddles to communicate clear expectations and ensure accountability.
- Complete thorough site inspections and address any gaps or opportunities for improvement.
- Co-ordinate with Site Supervisors and Project Managers to ensure production targets are met or exceeded.
- Read and be aware of all blueprints, specs and locates and ensure all work is performed with the highest quality.
- Oversee and guide the crew in the setting of lines, grades and traffic control.
- Coach and mentor your team by supporting their development and sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Use technology as appropriate to increase efficiency, enhance productivity and reduce downtime.
- Complete paperwork and documentation thoroughly and on time. Keep current with legislation and procedures.
- 3 – 5 years of progressive experience as a leader in the construction industry.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to evaluate information and make appropriate decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to employ a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Ability to take responsibility and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Available and flexible to travel to job sites.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Please send your resume to email@example.com by March 15, 2021.
Birnam Values Diversity ~ Birnam is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at Birnam Excavating Ltd.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.