Job Posting: Mechanic
We’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Mechanic.
In your role as a Mechanic, your main goal is to service, diagnose, adjust, repair and overhaul equipment, vehicles and machines in order to maintain the highest level of quality and lowest level of downtime.
This is a full time permanent position. Our fleet consists of on highway and off-highway diesel equipment and trucks. We offer a full, competitive compensation package. You will be provided with a company service truck to drive to any job sites or calls.
- Evaluate equipment and trucks and keep in great working order by performing maintenance and responding to concerns quickly.
- Communicate with operators and drivers to determine equipment performance, history, trouble signs, etc.
- Use technology as appropriate to increase efficiency, enhance productivity and reduce downtime.
- Ensure work is completed in a safe and efficient manner, on or ahead of schedule.
- Be safety conscious and aware of surroundings and conditions at all times.
- Complete paperwork and documentation thoroughly and on time. Keep current with legislation and procedures.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent – 310T Truck and Coach licence is an asset.
- Progressive experience of a least 3-5 years as a diesel mechanic working with on highway and off-highway diesel equipment and trucks.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to evaluate information and make appropriate decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to employ a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Available and flexible to provide support for in-field service calls, which may include Saturdays, Weekends and Holidays.
- Valid DZ driver’s licence.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2021.
Birnam Values Diversity ~ Birnam is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at Birnam Excavating Ltd.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.